February has ended and it time to review how I did with Month 2 of My Happiness Project. Let’s see:
- Say Hello & Goodbye with the 6 sec Hug: Our daily hello and goodbye always included us standing together where we hugged and kissed. It made these moments very special and after only a few days this challenge because a habit – I think because it made me feel so good. This new habit has made a difference and even set a positive, happy tone for the day for me and in the evening for both of us.
- Share Gratitude: I have really enjoyed this challenge and have enjoyed even more reading back on what about my husband and marriage I am grateful for. From entries such as “the way he holds my hand”, to “I love his bald head” make me smile. I will continue this so every time my husband does something small or big that makes him light up even more in my eyes, I will document it. By focusing on what he does that makes me grateful versus what he does to really tick me off has really made me happier.
- No TV in the Bedroom: This one was a little more difficult since we often have dates in bed watching movies or our favorite TV shows. So admittedly the TV did stay on a few times, but for the most part, it was off ;-).
- Walk and Fall in Love: This past month we have been out and about a lot more often and was able to “walk and talk” and really enjoy ourselves, and we did walk about our neighborhood a few times which was nice. I think once Spring truly springs well continue walking and chatting and connecting.
- Be Present: I believe I was much better as putting away the phone and being present when my husband and I were together but it was tough. Often I put my phone away out of reach, but I did find myself a few times (maybe a few times too many) announcing when I was jumping on the phone as if I was asking permission – and I’m not sure if I was seeking permission from my husband or myself. I think this will continue to be a challenge, but I will continue to work on being present.
Overall, I think my February focus on Love and Marriage really benefitted me and our marriage, and I can honestly say I am happy in my marriage. There is an old saying: “Happy Wife = Happy Life” but it’s always the husband saying it which puts the burden on him. I challenge all wives to take control of their own happiness. It will benefit you, your husband and your marriage.