Since the majority of our time is dedicated to our work, it is imperative to find joy in what you do. I sometimes struggle with this and often have to remind myself of the positives rather than dwelling on the negatives of my job. This helps me get through the moments of hating my job and leaves me feeling happy, or at least content. Another way to counter any negative feelings we have about our jobs is to actively pursue our passions. Pursuing my passion is another focus of this month as I want to continue to develop my business, my passion, I started. So let the month begin (OK I know, it’s already Mar 5) and focus on Work & Passion:
So this month I have decided to focus on 5 Specific Goals:
- Enjoy the Fun of Failure: I have started my own business and it is doing quite well, but I know it can be better. I have asked myself what is holding me back? And the answer is simple: Fear of Failure. So to counter that I decided to embrace all those mistakes I am afraid of. Take them in, thank them, and remind myself that every failure puts me one step closer to success.
- Brand Me: Because social media is so integrated in our work lives, I want to make sure my “ brand” looks like … me. I want to update and make current all my sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube) to help increase exposure of myself and of my business.
- Give my Blog a Hug: I have had this blog for over 4 years now and somehow is it still not part of my daily life. I think about it, I talk about it, but I don’t do anything for it. This blog has become a personal diary, yet I haven’t given it my lovin’. What does that say about me? This month I want to work on my blog, make it look and feel more like me, and give it a big hug!
- Efficacy: the power to produce a desired result or effect: I just love this word. It’s a funny word, at least to me, and it really doesn’t roll off the tongue, at least not my tongue. It’s a word that seems to be popping up everywhere I go, so I took that as a sign that I should focus on my personal efficacy and believe in my power to get my desired result. That’ll work.
- Separate Work & Passion: Wait? Why separate? Well, I currently have 2 jobs: 1 that pays the bills and the other that is my passion. I am finding that because I work from home, my work and passion tend to get all mixed together which leaves my passion feeling like work which then leads me to not wanting to pursue my passion. I want to separate the two for now so that one day my work and my passion will be one and the same.